Tet is one of the monastery’s most wonderful celebrations of the year. We celebrate the beginning of the Lunar New Year according to Vietnamese tradition, which includes a New Year’s Eve Ceremony and performances, oracle readings, visiting the monastic residences, games for kids, and more. Please join us for this joyful celebration. All are welcome!
Please note that the monastery will be closed after Tet from February 25 to March 11.
- Tue Feb 10: Wrap Earth Cakes (Gói Bánh Chưng)
- Wed Feb 11: Cook Earth Cakes and Rest
- Sun Feb 15: Closing Ceremony of the Winter Retreat (Ngày Tự tứ)
- Mon Feb 16: Lazy Day
- Tue Feb 17: Community Work Day
- Wed Feb 18: New Year’s Eve Celebration (including performances)
- Thu Feb 19: New Year’s Day - Oracle Readings (Tết: Ngày Đầu năm)
- Fri Feb 20: Room Cleaning & Arrival of Guests for Weekend
- Sat Feb 21: Monastic Room Visiting
- Sun Feb 22: Monastic Room Visiting
- Wed Feb 25 - Mon March 11: Monastery Closed